*Open to applicants anywhere in Indonesia*
About the Role
This full-time role is an exciting opportunity to join the early team at Alune, fresh out of a world class accelerator – HATCH. You’ll have the chance to learn directly from the European founders as Alune executes on its ambitious growth plan.
We move fast, so you’ll start having a meaningful impact on the business in your first week. You’ll also be encouraged to contribute across all areas – we all help each other out.
As a fluent Bahasa Indonesia speaker you will be pivotal in representing the Alune brand to our partners and new clients.
You will divide your time between Growth (helping to acquire new business by expanding our portfolio of farmers and our knowledge base) and Operations (managing our relationships with farmers and making sure critical operations are running smoothly). You’ll help to oversee, develop and maintain the relationships and processes that enable us to continue growing rapidly, while always supporting our long-term social and environmental strategy.
This role is full of variety – here are a few things you could be working on:
- Talking to prospective farmers, to understand how their business works and explain how Alune can benefit them.
- Developing our shrimp farm optimisation strategy with our partners and advisors
- Visiting new or existing farmer clients, to spend face-to-face time with them.
- Developing new relationships and projects with clients.
- Helping to develop the long-term strategy for Alune and bring unique insights to accelerate growth.
- Taking charge and supporting projects, from launching to monitoring on progress.
- Supporting on communications with Indonesian partners and clients (including social media).
- You have a degree or work experience in aquaculture (Shrimp is a bonus)
- You might be a recent graduate, or looking to move after a few years working in another industry.
- You’re ambitious and want to help build something large – if you do well, you’ll be leading a team before you know it.
- Fluency in English – speaking and writing.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Comfortable driving in Indonesia. Hold a valid driving licence (SIM C/A).
- You have a University degree (in a scientific subject)
- You’ve had hands-on experience at a business, running a society or on a side project (bonus points if it was in Aquaculture).
- Experience in a sales, business development or relationship management position
Location & Travel
Our team works remotely, with our core operations in Yogyakarta.
You must be living in Indonesia. The role may require relocation around Indonesia.
The role will require travel up to 3 days a week. Travel expenses paid in full by Alune.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com with your answer to the following questions:
- Why would you be good at this role?
- If you had three months (full time) to learn a couple of new skills – what would you learn and why?
- Tell us about an impressive thing you’ve done. (We always like to hear how you’ve used hustle, lateral thinking or bent the rules)
We look forward to receiving your application!
We are a funded, young fintech-for-good company revolutionising how Aquaculture farmers fund their farms. Our smart financing solutions sustainably grow production and profit for thousands of farmers across Indonesia. We partner with shrimp farmers to support them with funding and improve the sustainability of their farms.
Our European and Indonesian team, boasts serial entrepreneurs, scientists, and world-renowned international experts and advisors.
Aquaculture is one of the fastest growing sectors in the world, with demand ever increasing, the challenges of funding and sustainability continue to increase. Our clients are the thousands of shrimp farmers who continue to be failed by banks and other financial institutions, while trying to make money for their families and grow food for us. Using our mix of capital, expertise, technology and partnerships, we invest and support these farmers to grow their profit and improve sustainability.
We have developed close, national and international partnerships with, governments, NGOs, environmental groups, Aquaculture organisations and farmer associations.
Located across Indonesia with headquarters in Yogyakarta.